New & Noteworthy Resources
Throughout 2023, Lane Library’s staff has been acquiring and cataloging new resources to support the work of Stanford Medicine. We’ve stocked up on hundreds of books, purchased large ebook collections, added new databases, and added to our print collections. We are excited to share our new resources with you!
Some 2023 highlights include:
- The American Academy of Ophthalmology Basic and Clinical Science Course 2023-2024 (AAO BCSC collection): the most recent digital collection serves as a cornerstone for ophthalmic education, offering a curated curriculum that blends foundational knowledge with cutting-edge advancements. This comprehensive resource caters to both residents and seasoned practitioners, providing a thorough exploration of the latest developments in ophthalmology.
- Altmetric Explorer: a powerful tool designed for researchers and institutions to track the online attention and impact of scholarly publications. Users can easily navigate through diverse metrics, gaining valuable insights into the broader impact of their research across various platforms, social media, news outlets, and more.
- College of American Pathologists ebook collection: over 40 ebooks on a variety of pathology specialties, including Surgical Pathology Review, Atlas of Transplant Pathology, and Patient Safety in Anatomic & Clinical Pathology Laboratories.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) ebook collection: new titles added to the existing ebook collection include Health Equity and Nursing; Mental Health, Racism, and Contemporary Challenges of Being Black in America; The Latino Patient: A Cultural Guide for Health Care Providers; and many more!
- Future Science Group Read and Publish Package: the entire collection of Future Medicine journals and many of the Future Medicine ebooks which reflect the advances in postgenomic medicine
- New journal subscriptions including American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy, NEJM AI, and more!
- New McGraw-Hill platforms for various specialties including AccessAPN, AccessCardiology, AccessObGyn, AccessPhysiotherapy, AccessHemOnc . McGraw-Hill’s Access products provide learners with personal dashboards that allow for curating and saving content that includes book chapters, videos, images, podcasts, review questions, and more. Lane Library’s complete collection of Access products can be explored on our website.
- Neurosurgical Atlas: a comprehensive online database curated for medical professionals seeking in-depth insights into neurosurgery. Includes an extensive collection of surgical techniques, case studies, and educational resources, designed for neurosurgeons to enhance their knowledge and skills.
- Proofig: an AI-powered online service that flags image duplication errors in research articles. This versatile tool can analyze microscopy, Western blot, in-vivo and in-vitro images, among many others. The use of Proofig prior to article submission can help ensure greater image integrity and lead to increased success rates of journal submissions.
- An updated psychiatry collection on PsychiatryOnline with the addition of the following ebook collections: Addiction Medicine, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, Geriatric Psychiatry
- Stedman’s Online: a rich repository of essential medical terminology and references. Access comprehensive medical dictionaries and specialized terminology guides. This resource is designed to provide healthcare professionals with a reliable tool for precise and accurate communication in the ever-evolving world of medicine.
- WHO Classification of Tumours: this print book series stands as a globally recognized authority, delivering a systematic and authoritative approach to tumor classification. With contributions from experts worldwide, this series provides an invaluable reference for medical professionals involved in diagnosing and treating tumors, ensuring a standardized and up-to-date understanding of tumor pathology.
We hope that you enjoy and find value in these new resources. We always welcome your suggestions for future purchases.