July 6th, 2016 by Steven Dunlap
From July 1 to August 31, 2016 use trial access to VisualDX to build or expand your differential diagnosis. VisualDx, originally focused on dermatology, has expanded this year to include infectious diseases and general medical diagnoses. Please Give us your feedback, both good and bad in the coming days and weeks. How can it be improved?
Please consult Using images from VisualDX before using any images.
VisualDX images integrated into UpToDate are highlighted with an orange VDx icon in UpToDate search results or in the References section of the UpToDate topic. Try searching ‘varicella’ to see the integration.
Use VisualDX to
- Enter patient symptoms and findings to build a differential diagnosis.
- Search a diagnosis to access disease images and clinical information.
- Search by medication to view medication-induced eruptions.
- Search by country to focus retrieval for travel-related illnesses.
Improve your skills via VisualDx tutorials: https://login.laneproxy.stanford.edu/login?url=http://www.visualdx.com/video-tutorials/
VisualDX runs on browsers, Apple mobile devices or Androids. The database has trouble with IE7 but all other browsers including IE8 should work. To obtain the mobile app:
- Open a browser, go to https://login.laneproxy.stanford.edu/login?url=http://www.visualdx.com/visualdx
- Click on the button near the bottom center “Get the Mobile App.”
- Click on the link on the right “Create a personal VisualDX account.”
- Fill in the online form to create your account.
- Search for VisualDX in the App Store or Google Play on your mobile device.
- Download the App.
- Enter the user name and password you created for your account.
Do you want Lane Library to subscribe to VisualDX? Please tell us why or why not.
July 17th, 2015 by Steven Dunlap
McGraw-Hill’s AccessEmergencyMedicine contains over 2 dozen e-books, and other resources, including
- Emergency Radiology Case Studies
- Case Files
- Tintinalli’s Emergency Medicine
- Emergency Department Management
- Goldfrank’s Toxicologic Emergencies
- Decision Rules
- The Custom Curriculum tool.
Send feedback to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Trial ends August 14, 2015.