Amit smiling, surrounded by his wife and children. Colorful shapes surround the photo on a teal background

Meet Your Lane Library Staff: Amit Singh

Every month, we are spotlighting an amazing member of our library staff. This month meet Amit Singh, Clinical Informationist.

What do you do at the library?

I am the new Clinical Informationist for the Lane Library. My role entails working as a liaison between the Library and clinical and research faculty across the School of Medicine. 

What did you do before coming to Lane Library?

Clinically, I am a pediatric hospitalist attending here at Stanford and joined in September of 2013. Some of my non-clinical roles include funded time as a physician partner with the Office of Patient Experience at Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford (LPCH), serving as the medical director for clinical informatics for Voalte (inpatient secure texting/phone communications platform) at LPCH, and I am also one of the co-leads for Health Equity Rounds for the Department of Pediatrics at the School of Medicine.  

What are you most excited about in your new role?

I am most excited to learn more about all of the amazing offerings the library has that will be useful to not only my colleagues engaged in traditional clinical or bench research, but also people like me who are in the clinician educator (CE) line. I think there are probably so many tools and ways that Lane can be helpful but we just don’t always hear or know about them so I am hoping to bridge that gap. I am also really excited about working more formally with our GME programs including medical students, residents, and fellows.

How long have you worked at Lane?

I just “officially” started the month of December so only about a week or so!

What do you do in your spare time?

When I am off I like to spend quality time with two crazy boys (soon to be 3!) riding bikes or going on adventures and also spending some quality one-on-one time with my wife when we can. We love to eat out and travel and recently just took a trip together to Paris to celebrate her birthday which was wonderful!

Do you prefer . . .

Coffee or tea? Coffee but only decaf, I can’t handle the caffeine!  

Cats or dogs? Neither but I guess if I had to choose, dogs. Almost all of the extended family we have on either my or my wife’s side have dogs.

Candy or cake? Candy

Salty or sweet? Both! But never together!

Print or digital books? Will I be let go from this role if I say I don’t like to read….?? If I have to read for work I don’t mind digital but for leisure, definitely print.

Nonfiction or fiction? Nonfiction

Summer or winter? Definitely Summer! I am a Texan living in California…that should sum it up 🙂