National Medical Librarian Month 2023
We celebrate National Medical Librarians Month in October to recognize and celebrate the work of medical librarians and medical library staff.
This year’s theme, “Yes, We Do That!”, perfectly highlights the mission of Lane Library’s staff to support the work of the Stanford Medicine community through collaboration, teaching, and delivery of biomedical resources in order to accelerate scientific discovery, clinical care, medical education, and humanities.
We are here to provide expert search help, instruction & training, and information management. Do you need help locating the best information? Yes, we do that!
Here are ways you can work with our information professionals to find the evidence you need to power research and improve patient care:
- Contact us through our website or use our Live Chat service to get speedy help from our library staff.
- Reach out to your Liaison Librarian to schedule a consultation and discuss how Lane Library can become your research partner.
- Use our literature search service for help with complex search strategies in PubMed and other databases.
- Use DocXpress to request articles that we do not have in our collection or articles that are only available in print.
- Sign up for a class to learn more about crafting literature review searches in PubMed and other databases, managing citations in Zotero, using Covidence to streamline your scoping/systematic reviews, and more.
- Submit clinical questions* during rounds to our librarians for a same day response during business hours. (*available through the LPCH Epic only at this time)
Has working with Lane Library had an impact on your work? If so, we want to know! Complete our National Medical Librarians Month survey to share your feedback.
Do you have questions for our medical librarians? We are hosting “Ask Me Anything” sessions on Instagram in October. Follow us to participate!