Want to Increase the Impact of Your Work?
What is the Research Impact Challenge?
The Research Impact Challenge is an annual event that aims to get researchers thinking about ways to increase the impact of their scholarly work, and to learn more about ways impact can be measured.
You’ll receive a series of five daily research impact challenges via email. Each daily challenge will offer quick, easy, impactful activities you can complete independently. Every day, you’ll have the choice of completing a task at three different levels of experience: entry, advanced, or expert. Participated last year? Join us again to discover new ways to increase your impact.
When is it?
September 5th to 10th, 2023
Where is it?
All the challenges are online and can be completed at any time throughout the week.
By the end of the week, you’ll know how to:
- Efficiently keep track of your online scholarly presence
- Learn how to measure the impact of your work using a variety of metrics
- Increase the impact of your research within your field of study
- Enter to win promotion of your research by Lane Medical Library and a swag bag
This year, five winners will be chosen at random. Each additional day you participate in the Research Impact Challenge will count as an extra entry into the raffle. Each winner will:
- Be featured in a library blog post, which will be highlighted on the library homepage, included in the library newsletter, and shared via social media.
- Have the chance to showcase their scholarly work on the TV screens in the library and LKSC.
- Receive a Lane Medical Library swag bag filled with Research Impact-related swag.*
In order to participate in the drawing, make sure you record your participation using the raffle button found at the bottom of each challenge day. The more days you participate, the greater chance you have of winning!
* Stanford-affiliated participants can enter a raffle to win a gift bag full of swag!
This year, we will be hosting special vendor-led classes. Join us throughout the week to learn more about various tools available through the library to measure the impact of your research. You will need to sign up for the classes, even if you’ve signed up for the challenges!
All classes will be held via Zoom and recorded. You will receive the Zoom link after registering and again an hour before the session. Registrants will receive a recording of the session the following day.
Reach out to Sam Wilairat.