Lloyd B. Minor, MD, dean of Stanford School of Medicine, recently shared his new list of recommended reading.
Dean Lloyd Minor’s Recommended Reading List
These five books inspired him to reflect on our complex world and how we can thrive in the future. You can read them too through Lane Library:
- “Uncontrolled Spread: Why COVID-19 Crushed Us & How We Can Defeat the Next Pandemic” by Scott Gottlieb (limited to 1 simultaneous user, SUNet ID login required)
- “Life’s Edge: The Search for What It Means to Be Alive” by Carl Zimmer (limited to 1 simultaneous user, SUNet ID login required)
- “Aftershocks: A Memoir” by Nadia Owusu (limited to 3 simultaneous users)
- “Atlas of the Heart” by Brené Brown (limited to 1 simultaneous user, SUNet ID login required)
- “My Monticello” by Jocelyn Nicole Johnson (available in print only, coming soon)
What books inspired you in 2021? What are you looking forward to reading in the new year? Let us know in the comments!