Happy Open Access Week! Lane Library and Stanford University provide a variety of processing fee discounts to Stanford authors who publish in several open access platforms. Visit Library Open Access Author Processing Charge Agreements for more details.
It’s Open Access Week! Learn more about Lane’s Agreements with OA Publishers
Highlights of the Open Access programs Lane Library participated:
- BioMed Central (BMC): A 15% discount on author processing fees is available to Stanford authors.
- Bioscientifica: A 50% discount on author processing fees is available to Stanford authors for these 3 Bioscientifica journals: European Journal of Endocrinology; Journal of Endocrinology; and Reproduction.
- Nucleic Acids Research (NAR): A 50% discount on author processing fees is available to Stanford authors.
- PeerJ: Lane Library sponsors basic lifetime memberships for Stanford authors who publish in PeerJ.
- Cureus: Publishing in this medical journal is free and all articles are open access.
The theme of the 2019 International Open Access Week is “Open for Whom? Equity in Open Knowledge”.
From the International Open Access website: “As the transition to a system for sharing knowledge that is open by default accelerates, the question “open for whom?” is essential—both to consider and to act upon. Whose interests are being prioritized in the actions we take and in the platforms that we support? Whose voices are excluded? Are underrepresented groups included as full partners from the beginning? Are we supporting not only open access but also equitable participation in research communication? These questions will determine the extent to which emerging open systems for research will address inequities in the current system or replicate and reinforce them.”