New Policy for Sponsored SUNet and Library e-Resources Access
- Before 8/15/2019, all SUNet ID sponsors must go to sponsorship.stanford.edu to add library sponsorship to the SUNet accounts they sponsored if the account holders require access to library e-resources.
- Note: If the SUNet accounts that you sponsored do not need access to library e-resources, then no action is required.
Why are we making this change?
This change is being made to comply with our licensing agreements for journals and databases which limit use to the bona-fide research and scholarly work of Stanford’s academic community.
- The new policy takes effect on April 30, 2019.
- The phase-in period will end on August 15, 2019; as of August 16, 2019 library systems will block any sponsored SUNet ID holders who are not sponsored for Library e-resource access.
- This change affects both base SUNet IDs and full SUNet IDs.
- Sponsored SUNetIDs must now be additionally sponsored for library access if the account holder requires access to library e-resources to conduct Stanford-related teaching, learning or research work.
- During the 14 week phase-in period (May 1 to August 15, 2019) all current and new sponsored accounts that are not sponsored for Library e-resources will continue to have access.
- This change only affects sponsored SUNet ID holders; no changes to library e-resource access are being made to Stanford faculty, students, or staff. Sponsorship of Library e-resources does not include physical library services such as building access, borrowing materials, inter-library services, etc.
For more details, see “Sponsoring Someone for Library e-resources”.