Critical Appraisal Tools and More from JAMA: 30 Day Trial of JAMAevidence
Lane Medical Library has begun a trial of JAMAevidence, an instructional resource from the AMA that provides tools and guides for learning about and teaching the essentials of evidence-based medicine.JAMAevidence provides guides to the systematic consideration of validity, importance, and applicability of potential treatments and their outcomes. It consists of three textbooks, education guides, and learning tools for critical appraisal.
- Users’ Guides to the Medical Literature: A Manual for Evidence-Based Clinical Practice. This includes a synthesis of similarly titled articles previously published in JAMA. This collation allows readers to rapidly and systematically assimilate the core tenets of evidence-based medicine.
- The Rational Clinical Examination: Evidence-Based Clinical Diagnosis. Compiles, summarizes and expands upon evidence originally published in JAMA. This compilation provides optimized access to the essentials of evidence-based clinical diagnosis literature.
- Care at the Close of Life: Evidence and Experience. Focuses on practical, real-world issues in palliative care, including communication issues, disease management and clinician self-care.
Additional resources in JAMAevidence:
- Education Guides collection provides EBM-focused slide sets for teaching and learning core concepts.
- Critical Appraisal Worksheets allow one to synthesize information from EBM readings.
- My Access Account allows users fast access to their recently reviewed content
Your feedback is key to the decision regarding a subscription to JAMAevidence!
Please respond to our 3-question survey
Or, send email to: LaneAskUs@Stanford.edu