Lane Library just addedDevelopmental Biology by Scott F. Gilbert and Michael J. F. into its catalog.
A classic gets a new coauthor and a new approach.
- Coverage of new experiments on morphogenesis and differentiation, as well as new techniques such as CRISPR.
- Several new modes of teaching are employed.
- An increased emphasis on stem cells, which are covered extensively and early in the book.
- Sex determination and gametogenesis, instead of being near the end of the volume, are up front, prior to fertilization.
- Greatly expanded coverage of neural development, comprising a unit unto itself.
— From Publisher’s summary