6 Reasons You Need to Try the Beta Version of Lane’s Newest Search Engine
Here at Lane Medical Library, we’re constantly innovating and improving our search technology to better meet your needs, and we need your feedback to make our best search engine yet even better.
Here are 6 reasons you need to try the beta version of our newest search engine:
- Our most comprehensive search engine yet
Lane’s newest search engine searches:
– all 25 million+ PubMed records
– the full contents of the Lane Catalog (ebooks, print books, journals, databases, and much more)
– all Grand Rounds videos
– and the full contents of the Lane website, including information about the wonderful classes Lane offers!
- Blazing fast results
Built using the open source Apache Solr platform, Lane’s most comprehensive search yet is also our fastest.
- The most relevant results appear at the top
Unlike PubMed, [Lane Search] uses relevance ranking to display your search results, which means less scrolling to find the search results you want the most.
- More ways to sort your results
New sorting options allow you to sort your results how you want. Decide if you want to organize your results by relevance, author, title, or year (new to old or old to new).
- More ways to filter your results
Choose from a variety of new filters to help you narrow your search to give you just the results you want to see.
- You can help us make it even better!
We need your help to improve our new Lane Search! You can help us by giving our new Lane Search a try and sharing your feedback.
Can’t wait to get started? Click here to try Lane’s best search engine yet and tell us what you think!